Friday, March 20, 2009

Funny Wake Story

I just re-read the spring break story in the post below, and a portion of it made me realize that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. In the story, my son Johnny gets car sick and loses it all over the back seat.

Last night I went to a wake of a neighbor I haven't seen in years. I didn't know the deceased that well, but I knew his younger sister. She was just a few years older than me and we used to play together when we were kids. She introduced me to her teenage daughter at the wake last night as her former next-door neighbor.

Her daughter said..."Wait a second! Are you the kid who used to vomit all the time?"

Yup, that's me. I think they still have "Don't Let This Boy on this Ride" posters with my picture on it in the local carnival hall of fame.

You just never know what's going to happen, do you? You go to a wake expecting a somber atmosphere and instead you get a story that your kids are going to tell to every person they meet for the rest of their lives.