Friday, August 28, 2009

E-mails, we get e-mails

A bunch of responses about the Ron Santo article in SI (it's also in Sporting News, and probably tons of newspapers, because it's an AP article). I got a kick out of being included in the piece.

From MD: "I love your quote--"When he's not on the broadcast I'm actually worried about his health," - I always think the exact same thing. When Ron's not there, I assume he's ill and think to myself, "I hope he's OK".

From SD: "It's not only nice you're in SI - it's WHAT you and Jeff said that mattered. Ron should be in the Hall, of course! When I was at that station that covers the Cubs, I did talk to Ron about his dog Joker...but I don't really know him. I just know I grew up thinking of him as a hero. He's one athlete, ex-athlete who really is. A shame we ignore him, ... yet pay attention to the M. Vick's of the world."

From M.E: "A great read about one of the game's finest. Thank you for contributing to a memorable piece."