Monday, March 28, 2011

Steve Vasoli

Landecker & the Legends has lost another family member.

Steve Vasoli was our keyboardist, but he was more than that. He was the life source of the band. He was always smiling, always happy, always had a great attitude. If you ever saw the Legends live, you remember Steve. He took center stage for a few of our numbers, including the old Herman's Hermits song "Henry VIII."

One of my favorite things about touring Chicagoland with Landecker and the Legends was the kibitzing before and after the shows with the guys in the band. Steve was a fun guy to talk to--he could always make me laugh.

He left the Legends after we stopped touring to care for his aging mother, but he was always a part of the band.

I felt like I got the wind knocked out of me when I heard the news yesterday that he passed away suddenly. He was only 54 years old.


It's impossible to remember him, without seeing his smile.

RIP Steve. You will be missed.