Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Green White Soccer Club

My father was one of the founders of the Green White Soccer Club in Chicago in 1956. The current president of the club (my sister) has asked me to write the history of Green White, and I've agreed to do it.

But here's how I'm doing it. Every month I will feature another year in Green White history on a blog I've created just for this. If you are also a Green White member, or were once a member, please feel free to comment on each month's offering. It's like a group project. I was only born in 1963, so I haven't been around for all of this history. I need help. I've interviewed about a dozen of the old-timers already, but I need to interview a few more. I'm hoping at the end of five years (in time for the club's 60th anniversary), we'll have an actual book-worthy accumulation of stories and photos.

The first one (1956) has already been posted.