Thursday, October 27, 2011

HalloweeM

This Saturday I'm going to be one of the featured speakers/panelists at HalloweeM, a regional Chicago Area Mensa gathering. That's right, Mensa.

Remember, the first two letters of Mensa are M-E.

I'm sure alarms will be going off when I enter the room at the Westin Hotel in Wheeling between 12:30pm–2:30 pm (*Alert, average intelligence! *Alert, average intelligence!)

The subject matter for this discussion? Cubbie Blues – panel of sports writers on Chicago’s loveable losers. Sadly, Theo Epstein will not be attending. It will just be your humble Just One Bad Century editor (me), the editor of the Cubs book I contributed to (Cubbie Blues) Don Evans, fellow author/Cub lover/Cubbie Blues contributor Randy Richardson, and the publisher of that book George Rawlinson.

I'm actually pretty excited about it. Should be a good time.