Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Reader Reviews for "The Living Wills"




We've literally received hundreds of responses from people who have read and enjoyed "The Living Wills". Here are a few of them...






"I downloaded a copy of the book on my e-reader (NOOK), and I just finished reading it. This is one of the best books I read in an awfully long time. I lived 1/2 block from Waveland Bowling Alley. I bowled in 4 leagues every week for about 3 years and traveled that neighborhood for 11 years. It brought back so many memories, people I bowled with, things that happen after bowling, having coffee in their coffee shop, etc. You did a great job in taking us around the northwest side of the city via the various street names. The way the individual stories came together and, of course, the last chapter. My only regret is that I bought it as an e-book and therefore can't get it autographed."
--John S.

"I absolutely loved this book! I enjoyed everything about it - the characters, the storylines, and how it all fits together in the end. It took a few chapters for me to really get into it, and then I didn't want to put it down. I cried when I finished it, but mostly because it was over. The story illustrates how connected our lives really are to so many other people, and in ways that we may not even realize. I read Rick Kaempfer's first novel, "$everance", and I liked that one too, but this one was even better! I would love to see more books from this team of authors - keep it up, guys!!"
--Chocoholic mom

""The Living Wills" is a wonderful story of the meaning of family and friendship in life. This book especially strikes a chord if you're from Chicago, but I would think that any reader would identify with at least one of the main characters, their problems, joys and relationships. Highly recommended!"
--Dina S.

"I am an avid reader across many genre. I enjoy taking diverse ideas and rubbing them together to see how I might surprise myself and learn something new, feel something different. The Living Wills is a terrific story that does the same thing between its covers. I laughed, I cried, I thought deeply, and I have taken action based on the wonderful and realistic story. This is a magnificent book for adults and particularly those of us who are into the second half of our lives or who know someone who is. It gives new insights into how to measure the meaning of one's life - whether in its entirety or just two seconds."
--Gil H.

"I absolutely loved this book! I loved the characters, the storylines, and especially how the stories all came together at the end. I also laughed and cried, and was sad when I finished the book. I would love to read more books by these two authors. Keep writing, guys!!!"
--Carol R.