Friday, December 21, 2012

Going Off The Grid


I just wanted to say thanks again for reading my blogs this year. I had over a million hits for the second year in a row. I'm not sure exactly what I'm doing to bring in that many readers, but thanks.



Also, thanks for supporting my efforts at Eckhartz Press. We just completed our first year of publishing (five books!), and our humble little offerings have sold way beyond our expectations. In fact, we'll be interviewing book designers, editors, and e-formatters soon to expand our little company. If you perform any of those services, please contact me at rick@eckhartzpress.com.

We're very excited about 2013. One of our existing books (knock on wood) is about to be picked up by a major national retailer. (Hopefully when I return in January, I'll have news to report.) And next year we've already comitted to three books; John Records Landecker's memoir "Records Truly is My Middle Name", a novel by Dan Burns, and another media memoir that I'm busy editing. My hope is that I'll have time to finish my next book by the end of the year too. Dave and I are also meeting with at least three prospective authors in January. More details in the coming months.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday season. I'm using the holiday season as an excuse to give myself a tiny little vacation from working/writing.

I already wrote Just One Bad Century's Cubs 365 entries for the rest of the year, and they will continue to post every day (I actually did it--365 different stories about the Cubs!)

I will accompany Eckhartz Press author David Stern to the WGN studios for his radio interview next Thursday December 27th at 9pm. I'll undoubtedly post on the Eckhartz Press blog about that.

I'll be posting 1971 in Green White history on the Green White history blog before the end of the year.

But other than that, I'm going off the grid.

I will resume writing here on January 3.

Father Knows Nothing will return on January 7.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!