Monday, April 29, 2013

It Really Was Because of the Crank Call



Remember that crank phone call those Australian disc jockeys made to Kate Middleton's hospital room? The nurse who put them through was so upset, she killed herself. At the time there was a lot of speculation that there must have been other things going on in her life to make her do such a horrible thing to herself, but it doesn't look like it. I spotted this in Radio Ink this morning...


The Herald Sun is reporting that nurse Jacintha Saldanha committed suicide because of the hoax call made to the hospital by Mel Greg and Michael Christian. The article says Saldanha left a note blaming Greig and Christian and asked her bosses to get the DJ's to pay her mortgage. "I am truly sorry. Thank you for all your support. I hold Radio Australians Mel Greig and Michael Christian responsible for this act. Please make them pay my mortgage. I am sorry. Jacintha."

If this doesn't give pause to the handful of remaining wacky morning shows around the world, I don't know what will.