Friday, February 14, 2014

Torches & Pitchforks

I haven't really commented on the recent influx of rich people telling poor people to quit their whining and belly aching and be happy they don't live in China, but you can probably guess my thoughts on the subject. This comment, however, needs to have a spotlight shined on it. The words came out of the mouth of billionaire investor Tom Perkins:
"The Tom Perkins system is: You don't get to vote unless you pay a dollar of taxes. But what I really think is, it should be like a corporation. You pay a million dollars in taxes, you get a million votes."
You already buy the policians and it's not enough for you? Shut your yap and go count your money. Or better yet, I've got a financial tip for you. Invest in torch and pitchfork manufacturers. I have a feeling they may soon make a mint thanks to the likes of you.

It's an almost cartoonish evil, isn't it? I picture him watching "Its A Wonderful Life" and rooting for Mr. Potter.