Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Radio Shocker: WGN Boots Garry Meier


I didn't see this one coming at all. I just spoke to Garry recently, and I can guarantee you he didn't see it coming either. Yesterday was his last show on WGN Radio. Robert Feder has the details.





The new WGN lineup is...

Steve Cochran--5-10am
John Williams (yes, the same John Williams who used to be on WGN)--10-Noon
Bob & Marianne--Noon to 3pm
Bill Leff & Wendy--3pm to 7pm
Pete McMurray--7pm to 11p
Patty Vasquez--11p to 2am
Nick Digilio--2am to 5am

I have to give credit to Jimmy de Castro for having the cojones to do this. I feel bad for Garry, but he will still be getting paid for the next year and a half, and will be doing his show on wgn.fm

Just purely from a listening point of view, I think that Bill & Wendy have the best show on the station right now. I'm happy for both of them that they are finally getting their big time chance.