Monday, September 15, 2014

Da Bears

What a game last night for the Bears.

That first half was dreadful. The Bears were awful, but there were also at least two unbelievably bad officiating calls (the first 49ers touchdown was scored long after the play clock ran out, and an important first down was taken away from the Bears, which resulted in taking points off the board). They weren't even close calls. Even the NBC announcers (including San Fran native Al Michaels) agreed those were terrible calls. But I made the mistake of venting my completely uncontroversial frustration about those calls on facebook and learned a valuable lesson. If you're really aggravated, don't post anything on facebook. You'll only get twice as aggravated.

The Bears haters (Packers fans) were out in force, accusing me of whining about the refs, and started taking pot shot after pot shot against the Bears. And then they started ripping the Cubs too...for no reason. I deleted the entire "conversation" and shut down the computer for the night.

At this stage of my life, I'm not going to waste another second of my time arguing with haters.