Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Father Knows Nothing

Today's the day we pick up our first copies of "Father Knows Nothing". The book will ship out on Monday. (Pre-order your copy today.) The publicity tour starts in earnest next week. I'll be on WLS radio, WGN-TV, and more. The book launch party is December 7th (in the NW suburbs), and I'll be doing a book signing at the Billy Goat on December 12th.

There are no pictures in the book, but this is what the boys looked like the day I took over the full-time caregiver job (that inspired the column and the book). Tommy was 10, Johnny was 8, and Sean was 3. They don't look anything like this anymore. Tommy is taller than me and has 1970s hair. Johnny's voice is deeper than mine and he has facial hair. And Sean is in middle school now. The saga of the nearly ten years between then and now, and what they taught me is what "Father Knows Nothing" is all about. It was the best and most entertaining gig I will ever have. Thanks for joining me on this ride all these years.

I've been blown away by the many pre-orders and well wishes. Thanks so much for your support!