Thursday, February 05, 2015

Fran Tarkenton on Jay Cutler

When I was a kid, my favorite quarterback was Fran Tarkenton (the Bears never had a good one). Here's what my favorite quarterback said about my team's current quarterback Jay Cutler (on the Score yesterday morning)...

"I don’t know Jay Cutler. I’m sure he’s a fine young man but he has not performed in any situation. He had his meltdown in the championship game when he didn’t come back in against Green Bay, and everybody remembers that. That’s a flaw. I think this is a guy that teases his coaches with his powerful arm and all that stuff, but the bottom line is he is not a player. Chicago is gonna die, keeping him and hoping he is going to become that player. He’s not going to be any different than he’s been."

I'm afraid that about sums it up.