Friday, April 17, 2015

ESPN Reporter's Meltdown

A very attractive female reporter for ESPN (Britt McHenry) has been suspended by ESPN for saying some really unattractive things to a female towing company employee. (Video is at the link)

Among the things she said were...

*“I’m in the news, sweetheart, I will f*cking sue this place.”

*“That’s why I have a degree and you don’t. I wouldn’t work in a scumbag place like this”

*"It makes my skin crawl even being here.”

*“Do you feel good about your job? So I could be a college dropout and do the same thing?”

*"Maybe if I was missing some teeth they would hire me, huh?”

*“Lose some weight baby girl.”

Nice, eh? Pretty unattractive. She does deserve to be suspended for that.

Although, let me just say this as someone who has been towed for no reason, I refuse to stand up for towing companies. The employee in question probably does not deserve the wrath of this entitled reporter, but somebody working there probably does. There's a reason why they are behind bulletproof glass and have a camera trained on the pissed off people arriving to retrieve their cars (And it's not because they fear being robbed).

Once your car is towed, there is literally nothing you can do to get it back except for paying them. Even if they have unfairly towed you. Even if you can prove it. You still have to pay. They have performed their service. Towing you. Pay up or they can keep your car. Legally.

There's something very wrong about that. It's the reason why Steve Goodman wrote this song...