Friday, August 14, 2015

Sesame Street Moves to HBO

It will still be on PBS, but now Sesame Street will debut new shows on HBO. From the Adweek article...

As part of the deal, starting this fall, new episodes of Sesame Street will air nine months ahead of when they air on PBS. Sesame Workshop will also produce a new show based on the Muppets.

I'm looking forward to the slightly edgier Sesame Street shows. Here are a few lines floating around the writers room...

*"Hey there, buddy Burt. Whaddya say we head down to the courthouse and make this arrangement official."

*"How many times have I warned you...Don't mess with Oscar the Grouch. Yippe-kai-ay, MFer."

*"Is it twue what they say about you BIG birds. (Zip) Oh, it's twue, it's twue, it's twue."

*"After I'm finished with you Guy, you'll reeeeeally be Smiley."

*"I love to Count my guns. One...two...three AK-47s. Ha. Ha. Ha. Ha. (Rat-a-tat)"

*"Cookie. I love Cookie. Cookie Rojas. Me new husband."