Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Justin Kaufmann

If you're a listener of WGN you may noticed that Justin Kaufmann has been off the air for a few weeks now. The station said he had to attend to a personal matter when he first went off the air, and Kaufmann finally released a statement yesterday. Robert Feder has the details. Here's a small excerpt from Kaufmann's open letter to friends and family...
So here’s what I will tell you. I made a mistake. As a husband, I let my wife and my family down. And I will also tell you that this issue is between me and my wife.

Also please know that my lapse in judgement was not the reason I have been off the air. The fact that an individual tried to take advantage of my private situation, and make it public, was.
I happen to like Justin's show. It's the perfect 'sit out on the deck and listen to the radio on a nice summer night' show. It appeals to my nerd sensibilities.

I hope it all works out, but I have a feeling it won't end with this statement. If someone is trying to make something public, even if you manage to contain it temporarily, there's a very good chance it will come out eventually. Especially in this era of social media.