Thursday, April 21, 2016

Joe Walsh at the Republican Convention?

I heard that Joe Walsh was appearing at the Republican Convention in Cleveland, but assumed it was the blowhard former Congressman turned radio host Joe Walsh. I was mistaken. The real Joe Walsh (the guitarist) was actually booked for the kickoff concert. The only problem was that Joe was told it was a non-partisan concert for veterans.

When he found out the truth, he immediately pulled out, and released this statement...
"I am very concerned about the rampant vitriol, fear-mongering and bullying coming from the current Republican campaigns. It is both isolationist and spiteful. I cannot in good conscience endorse the Republican party in any way. I will look at doing a veteran related benefit concert later this year."
That sounds more like the Joe I know.