Thursday, May 19, 2016
Around the Publishing World (May 19)
1. Ten Tips for the young budding writer
Roddy Doyle writes these tips in the Irish Times, and the Irish know a thing or two about writing.
2. Chicago Writer Awarded Free House in Detroit
The headline alone is worth clicking, isn't it? There's also a video report at this Chicagoist link.
3. Why Book Publishing is Like Waitressing
Stephanie Danler makes the comparison in Vogue. It seems like a bit of a stretch, but then again, I'm not a Vogue reader.
4. 74 Great Ways to Die in Fiction
Let author Derek Haines count the ways.
5. Five Free Ways to Promote Your Work
You probably already know all five of these tips presented by culturevultures.com, but just in case you don't, they are pretty essential.
6. Ten Tips for Writing Paranormal Fiction
Krys Kingston is a British author of paranormal fiction. She should know how to do it.
7. Children's Author Shares Writing Tips
Of all the genres of writing, we get more inquiries from Children's authors than any other type. Gary Hogg is the writer of the Charlie Bacon series, and speaks to groups across the country. Worth checking out.