Friday, September 23, 2016

Letter to the Editor

The Sun Times published this letter to the editor this week...

I’m a Cubs fan. Born and bred. Hardwired into my DNA at conception. But I will not spend another penny of my money on anything remotely associated with the Cubs if the Ricketts family is going to spend that money supporting Donald Trump. How arrogant of the Ricketts family to disrespect the fans and assume that they will flock to the altar like docile sheep regardless of their political views. How blind of the family to not see the ramifications of their action, the repercussions that are sure to follow, the anti Trump rallies outside Wrigley Field during the playoffs when the whole country is watching. Sell the team, Ricketts. Cubs fans deserve better.
Tony Galati, Lemont

Look, Tony, I'm a big Cubs fan, and I'm clearly not a Trump fan, but c'mon. The dude's entitled to throw away his money supporting the losing candidate. Now, if it affects our pursuit of a left-handed hitter off the bench, I'm with you.