Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Milo

I must admit I hadn't really caught any of conservative bomb-thrower Milo Yiannopoulous' more incendiary speeches until recently. All I knew about him was that he was hated by most liberals, and people seemed to protest wherever he was speaking. I'm a free-speech guy myself, so I basically supported his right to appear at these places...even after I began to hear the nonsense he spews.

Well the bubble burst this week for the conservative bomb thrower after a tape emerged of him essentially endorsing sex with minors (and in his case, homosexual sex). That was finally the bridge too far for conservatives.

Simon & Shuster canceled his book deal.

CPAC disinvited him from headlining their conference.

And in the most incredible development of all, even Breitbart employees demanded he be fired. Breitbart is the home of the alt-right (white supremacists) and fake news. They seemed to have no limits to the speech they allowed. Stories didn't even need to be true as long they were anti-liberal or pro-Trump. Looks like there finally is a limit at Breitbart. Being anti-liberal and pro-Trump isn't enough anymore--at least when you openly endorse sex with minors.