Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Doin' the Cruise on GoodReads

The reviews have been coming in about Mitch Michael's book "Doin the Cruise". Here are a few on GoodReads...


Bart Shore
Oct 13, 2017 Bart Shore rated it it was amazing

I loved this book - Doin' The Cruise was a great read, I used to hear Mitch back in his WDAI days when I was in High School, then followed him along his path of rock and roll radio. Having been in the radio industry myself, starting out in Iowa and then coming to Chicago for my own path on the radio dial, it was so interesting to me to hear Mitch's stories. In fact while I was in Iowa, we used to run some of the radio commercials Mitch talked about producing in the book, and it was always cool for me to hear Mitch on my station in Iowa, knowing that this was "the guy in Chicago" who I used to listen to. For me, there were so many names in the book that I either knew personally or heard on the radio over the years, it was like finding a long lost friend or two, in fact I just reconnected with someone in the book that I haven't talked to in years. So, even if you're not in Chicago Radio, this is a fun read to hear it from a guy who was there for some of the greatest times in FM Rock Radio. Mitch is still "Doin' The Cruise" ..thank goodness.

Karen
Sep 22, 2017 Karen rated it it was amazing

For *anyone* who grew up on a steady diet of rock radio in Chicago, this is a MUST READ. And if you're not in that category, but you have a sincere love of and passion for the music, this is a MUST READ. This is a first-class, first-hand story from a guy who helped fashion the rock-radio landscape in Chicago, and how hard he worked to survive all the ups and downs in a brutal industry...thanks to a sincere love of and passion for the music. It always comes back to the music. Mitch Michaels, currently doin' the cruise at 95.9 The River, thank you for your hard work and for your honesty in sharing your journey. And for believing in the music. KC sez "check it out!"

Jan
Oct 08, 2017 Jan rated it it was amazing

If you have any interest in Chicago radio and/or the rock music scene in Chicago, this is the book for you. Well-written and full of interesting stories. I couldn't put the book down.

Bob
Sep 20, 2017 Bob rated it it was amazing

A must-read for fans of radio and rock & roll music. Radio legend Mitch Michaels takes you behind the scenes of some of Chicago's most popular radio stations that were part of his remarkable career. An honest, in-depth, revealing look at the radio stations, DJ's, management, and rock stars that created the soundtrack to our lives. The memoir is very enlightening, and at times extremely funny, but also with moments that are heartbreaking. Mitch Michaels along with Ken Churilla have perhaps written the best book to date that captures the life of one of Chicago's most beloved radio personalities. A great read from start to finish.