Thursday, January 25, 2018

Murphy Brown is Coming Back

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. CBS is bringing back Murphy Brown for 13 episodes.

I did watch Murphy Brown in the 90s because there were always good zingers I could use on the air (as drop ins--that's what we called the little audio clips we played). At first I didn't like the show, but I came around on it. By the time it went off the air it was one of my favorites.

But my honest first thought when I heard it was returning was "I guess it's true. There are no new ideas anymore." On the other hand, it wasn't until I started writing this post that I realized the timing for Murphy Brown's return might be perfect. Who better to weigh in on the current "Fake News" crisis we're experiencing? Let's unleash those razor-tongued Murphy Brown writers.

There's no shortage of targets for those incredible zingers.