Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Twitter is taking on trolls

This is great news if you spend any time on Twitter. I spend a little too much time there, I must admit, and when I leave it's usually because I run into a bitter nasty troll...or Bruce Wolf. This is what Twitter told Variety about how they will get rid of them...

To catch trolls in the act, Twitter is now using algorithms that detect suspicious behavior regardless of the content of the actual tweets. This includes users who open up accounts without verifying their email address, users who open up multiple accounts at the same time, and users who repeatedly tweet at someone who doesn’t follow them. “We’re also looking at how accounts are connected to those that violate our rules and how they interact with each other,” the company said.

It's a bit late, but I'm glad they are finally doing this. Twitter was in danger of becoming so toxic that people were going to leave in droves.