Thursday, May 10, 2018

Weezie

With a name like Weezie it's easy to underestimate Entercom COO Weezie Kramer. I got to know her about two decades ago when I was working at WJMK (with John Landecker) and Weezie briefly came in and ran the show as our station general manager. I recently was going through my old career paperwork (Bridget asked me to get rid of some of my old boxes), and found a bunch of memos from Weezie (and to Weezie). They were all very civil and encouraging. (I had three other GMs during my time there, and none of their memos would qualify for either of those adjectives).

Saw this item about Weezie this morning in Tom Taylor's NOW column. Congrats to her!


Entercom COO Weezie Kramer to receive the Conclave’s 2018 “Rockwell Award,” presented for “lifetime achievement.” Weezie went to the University of Kentucky and started working with the local Village Communications radio operation there. Soon she was in Chicago, as GSM of then-WFYR, and later a GM for CBS. She crossed to Entercom in 2000, became President of the Station Group in 2013, and CEO in 2014. Other recent Rockwell winners from the not-for-profit Conclave include Hubbard Radio’s Ginny Morris, NRG’s Mary Quass, Midwest’s Duke Wright, and (last year) AccuRadio’s John Gehron. The Rockwell Award’s named for radio pro and Conclave supporter Mike Rockwell. This year’s Summer Learning Conference is July 18-20 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Minneapolis-Park Place. More about attending Conclave 43 here.