Wednesday, October 31, 2018

14th Amendment

Yesterday the president said he could overturn the 14th amendment to the constitution via executive order. Of course he can't. But I started thinking about what would happen if he actually could pull this off. I know the idea of it is to get rid of so-called "anchor babies" who are allegedly bleeding us dry (they aren't).

But revoking this rule (if you are born in America, you are a citizen) and changing it to say that you must be born of United States citizens (which Lindsey Graham said yesterday), would kick millions of people out of the country.

Including me. My parents weren't citizens yet when I was born in Chicago in 1963.

You know who else would be outta here? Check out this tweet...



Far be it for me to say he doesn't think these things through.