Monday, April 01, 2019

Is Joe Biden Too Touchy/Feely?

That's the charge that came out against Joe Biden over the weekend. It came in the form of this piece in the New York Times -- a piece written by a woman who felt uncomfortale with Joe's kiss on the back of her neck.

I'm not sure how I feel about this one. On the one hand, I'm the anti-Joe Biden when it comes to kissy/feely actions. I'm German. I shook hands with my grandmother.

But I've also watched Joe over the years and used to get a big kick out of the swearing in ceremonies of congressmen when Joe was VP. He was like that with everyone. Guys and girls. He's the most affectionate human alive. I really don't think there's anything sexual there.

Weird? From my German point of view, yes. But I thought normal people liked affection. Maybe I've been wrong all these years. Maybe I'm the normal one. (That's rhetorical. Don't answer that)