Thursday, December 19, 2019

WXRT moves Lin Brehmer to middays, lets Mary Dixon go

I'm hoping this is something Lin wanted. I know how much it sucks to live that morning show lifestyle. I did it for many years myself (although not nearly as long as Lin). They are moving Richard Milne to mornings, but are canceling news in the morning show, which means that Mary Dixon is out. I personally think it's a mistake to get rid of Mary, but even a bigger mistake to get rid of news in general. As we get older, and the WXRT audience is basically my age, we need news more than ever. That's just my two cents.

Read all about it in Robert Feder's column from last night.

Of course, in my role as media writer for Illinois Entertainer, I have interviewed both Lin and Mary. Here are the links...

Mary Dixon 2014

Lin Brehmer 2018