Monday, March 04, 2024

The Loop Files--Before and After


I've been getting such wonderful feedback about my book The Loop Files. Over 50 Five Star reviews on Amazon & GoodReads, not to mention countless emails and notes saying how much the book means to you. I can't thank you enough.

One of the mild criticisms I've heard is that people wanted even more. The book mainly concentrates on the years 1977-1998. What about the years before that (when it was known as WSDM) or after that (The Bonneville/Emmis/Cumulus Years)? The answer is when the book started getting a little long, I made an editorial decision to concentrate on the radio station's most popular years. 

On the other hand, in my role as media writer, I have interviewed many people from those before and after eras. As a special bonus for the readers who wanted more, I've accumulated them together here in one post for you to explore at your leisure. I have great respect for all of these people listed below.

Before...

Connie Szerszen

Penny Lane

Terry Chess

After...

Byrd

Cara Carriveau

Eddie Webb

Guy Bauer

Kent Voss

Mark Zander

Pete McMurray

Phil Manicki

Steve Downes

Tim Virgin


*Don't forget, We have another Loop Files event this weekend. Details below.