Saturday, December 08, 2007

Gift Giving Advice from Rick Kaempfer*

(Celebrity Snippets will return next Saturday to it's regularly scheduled time slot with a memorable story about Larry King. I'm pre-empting that feature to bring you this very special holiday announcement.)



I know you're busy shopping for presents, so I wanted to remind you of an inexpensive option for that special someone on your list. You're probably one step ahead of me here, but have you considered giving the book "$everance"as a gift?



Why?

1. The Writer's Guild is striking.
Everyone on your list is already starved for comedy—and $everance has been called "whiplash-fast choke-on-your-coffee funny" and "a brilliant satire." (And much more: Praise for $everance)


2. Christmas is for Children.

And I have three of them…who will be getting every dime that I make from this book. The littlest one (Sean) literally steals the money right out of my pockets. (And the Writer's Guild thinks they have problems).


3. It's only $16 if you buy it online from my publisher.
Look at your list again. Do you really want to spend more than $16 on most of those people? Give them $everance. They get to laugh. You save some cash.

I know what you're thinking, you've looked for $everance before, and it's hard to find in the stores, and it's…oh look….here's a direct link. (www.encpress.com/SEV.html).

Quick, click on the link before it's too late. It's like the Wii videogame system this year. When you find it, you gotta buy it. If you can't give it to someone you love (or don't love) as a gift, you can still make a fortune selling it on eBay. If not, at the very least it can level out that wobbly table in the basement (Simply place it under the slightly shorter table leg, and voila!)

I'd like to see the Wii do that.





*If you've already received this advice via e-mail, I apologize for the redundancy. I only have a few hundred e-mail addresses, and about 10,000 people read this blog every week. I'll officially stop hounding you now, and return you to the free entertainment I provide without advertising support or pledge drives. (hint, hint. sniff.)