Monday, January 20, 2014

Seattle Seahawks

At the risk of sounding a thousand years old, I must say that I was absolutely disgusted by the behavior of the Seahawks yesterday during the NFC Championship game. I went into the game thinking I would be rooting for them because I'm not a big fan of Jim Harbaugh's crybaby routine on the sideline, and the 49ers were in the Super Bowl last year. Time for another team to get a chance. But Richard Sherman of the Seahawks is probably the worst sportsman I've ever seen in my life.

This is what I wrote on Facebook after the game: That cornerback for Seattle may be a good player, but he's a piece of human garbage. He just won the game, but he still ran across the field to pat the butt and taunt the receiver in his face, then gave him the choking sign with his hands. That's about as low-class a move as I've ever seen in football.

I hadn't even seen his ridiculous post-game interview at that time, which was also classless and ridiculous.

About fifty people immediately agreed with me (some in stronger terms than I used), but the ones who didn't agree all said vaguely the same thing. It was just exhuberance. Or, he's always been like this, what's the big deal? Or.. Shame on you, Rick, for not knowing what a bad seed he is. And, some pointed out that the 49ers were taunting him before the game.

The exhuberance excuse is ridiculous. I dismiss that out of hand. As for not knowing what a douche he is, I plead guilty. I didn't realize the 49ers were pre-taunting either, but it still doesn't excuse his behavior. He literally ran all the way across the field to taunt them...AFTER the Seahawks had won. The win should be enough. It's the ultimate answer to a pre-taunt. If you're so small that you still need to run all the way across the field to do what he did, I stand by my critism.

I'm rooting for the Broncos in the Super Bowl all the way.