Thursday, July 10, 2014

People are REALLY watching the World Cup

Here are some stats for you.

Germany’s Stunning Rout Of Brazil Results In The Most Facebook Interactions

With 35.6 Million Tweets, Germany’s 7-1 #WorldCup Win Over Brazil Sets A New Twitter Record

Germany’s Victory Over Brazil Top Rated Non-U.S. Team World Cup Game Ever

That's all pretty incredible. I think this has been the most enjoyable World Cup I can ever remember, and I always love the World Cup.

By the way, you have to feel a little sorry for Brazil. They are hosting a World Cup final that features the team that humiliated them versus their most hated rival. I'll put it in terms my fellow Cub fans can understand. It would be like a team featuring Steve Garvey and Will Clark playing the World Series against the Cardinals at Wrigley Field.

Who do you root for?

I know who I'm rooting for, by the way. No surprise here...