Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Dan McNeil & Pete McMurray

Wow. I can't say I saw this one coming: Dan McNeil and Pete McMurray have been hired to do the morning show at the Drive.

I know both of these guys, and I'm having a hard time visualizing how that pairing will work (their personalities couldn't be more different). Also, the Drive has always been a radio station that has prided itself on being a more music station. That's been their mission since Day One. This seems like a pretty dramatic departure for them.

On the other hand, Dan is known as a sports guy, but he also really knows rock and roll. He knows it as well as most music jocks. And Pete may have done some rock and roll disc jockey work, but he's also very knowledgable about sports. They should be pretty compatible topic-wise.

At the very least it's something brand new. I'll definitely be checking it out.