Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Dick Broadcasting

This news arrived in my e-mail box yesterday...

Dick Broadcasting has become the first broadcaster in a PPM market to make the move from Nielsen to Eastlan. Under the terms of a new multi-year agreement, Eastlan Ratings will field its initial audience measurement study in the Greensboro/High Point/Winston-Salem market in Summer 2015.

If you think I'm only reporting this Dick Broadcasting news because I find the name Dick Broadcasting funny, that's hurtful. I'm a professional, not an adolescent. Dick Broadcasting is hard...to write about without getting titters from the less mature of my readers. I'm not so stiff or rigid that I don't understand why some people laugh, but not every small Dick Broadcasting or gigantic Dick Broadcasting story needs to be a punchline. It's not the size of the Dick Broadcasting story, it's what you do with it.