Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Thriller Sells 30 Million in US

Amazing number. From Rolling Stone Magazine...

Michael Jackson's landmark 1982 LP Thriller has officially become the first LP to be recognized for selling 30 million copies. The Recording Industry Association of America, in association with the singer's estate and record labels, confirmed the news Wednesday. The record has sold more than 100 million copies worldwide, they reported, and claimed that Jackson had sold 1 billion albums total.

I can finally listen to the songs on that album without going into convulsions. I was a bar DJ when it came out (in Champaign-Urbana), and every five minutes a sorority girl would open up my booth door and scream "Play 'Beat It'" or "Play 'Billy Jean'".

"But ma'am, I just played it a few minutes ago."

"PLAY IT AGAIN!"

Good times.

I'll post the video for you today, but I won't post it again.