Wednesday, December 07, 2016
Around the Publishing World (December 7)
1. Ten Tips For Writing About Japan
Good tips, interesting topic.
2. Award-winning poet shares writing tips with Las Vegas writers
Her name is Sharon Olds. There's also a video at the link.
3. 5 Tips for Succeeding as a Freelance Writer in a Rural Community
I've never really considered the challenges of writing when you're in the middle of nowhere. Some good advice here.
4. Spike Lee offers tips on becoming a writer-director
He rightly points out the best way to break in to the film business (good writing is hard to find). Easier said than done, but Spike pulled it off himself.
5. 4 Tips To Avoid Writer's Block
I especially like the one called "the kindergarten trick".
6. A few tips for those considering a career in writing, editing and publishing
From an Australian point of view
7. Five tips for preparing your manuscript
These are excellent. The first two tips, especially.
8. Great 20th Century Authors Give Tips That Help Today's Bloggers
Hemingway, Steinbeck, Vonnegut, Bradbury and more.
9. Eight Great Tips for How to Find the Funny in your Life
Courtesy of Emmy-award winning writer Monica Piper.
10. 5 Sure-Fire (and Simple) Tips for Writing More SEO-Friendly Blog Posts
For the tech-savvy wanna-be.
11. 5 Writing Tips I Wish I'd Known Before I Wrote My First Novel
Great advice for fiction writers.
12. 5 Tips for Creating Characters That Aren't Boring
Courtesy of Emily Littlejohn, the author of "Inherit the Bones"
13. 5 writing tips from bestselling authors
Courtesy of Mark Twain, Stephen King, Edgar Allen Poe and more.
14. 5 Tips on Writing & Illustrating Children’s Books From Debbie Ridpath Ohi
From Writer's Digest.