Thursday, August 03, 2017

Stephen Miller

There is something incredibly creepy about this man, White House advisor Stephen Miller. He emerges from his cave when the discussion is about immigration, and his prime directive is to deliver nationalistic messages with a faux-intellectual approach. He spouts unsupported statistics with supreme confidence, and angrily challenges anyone who doesn't accept the clear dog-whistles (always, always, always against non-White people) at face value. His only other reason for being is to slavish praise on his leader, in ways that are so embarrassing ("he is always 100% correct") it makes you uncomfortable.

Every time he speaks he reminds me of someone, but I just can't put my finger on it. Someone from history who also had the exact same delivery, talked almost exclusively about that same topic (while also effusively praising his leader). Someone who even looked very much like Stephen Miller. I'm sorry, I'm drawing a blank. I'll just put this placeholder photo here, randomly plucked from Wikipedia, until I can come up with the correct person...