Monday, November 20, 2017

Jeffrey T. Mason

Jeffrey T. Mason was a jock on K-Hits (WJMK), which unceremoniously dropped their classic hits format on Friday. That surprise move resulted in Mason losing his gig.

Today he posted a blog post about his thoughts and feelings about his new reality. I can definitely relate. He's pretty much exactly at the crossroad I faced in 2004, and it looks to me like he's making the same decision. He is staying in Chicago even if there are no radio gigs here. He will do something else if necessary.

I made that leap myself. There was nothing in Chicago radio that interested me, and the only offers I received came from national shows based out of New York. I turned them down, stayed in my home town, and started my second career as a writer.

It turned out to be the best thing that ever happened to me. I wish him the same fate.