Monday, November 20, 2017

Tambor Quits Transparent

This is a bummer. The Huffington Post has the news...

Jeffrey Tambor, who won acclaim for his portrayal of a transgender woman on “Transparent,” has exited the Amazon series after a co-star and a former personal assistant separately accused him of sexual misconduct.

The Emmy-winning actor, 73, released a statement Sunday denying the accusations, but said he would not return to “Transparent” for the show’s fifth season.

“Playing Maura Pfefferman on ‘Transparent’ has been one of the greatest privileges and creative experiences of my life,” Tambor said in the statement, Deadline reports. “What has become clear over the past weeks, however, is that this is no longer the job I signed up for four years ago.”

He continued, “I’ve already made clear my deep regret if any action of mine was ever misinterpreted by anyone as being aggressive, but the idea that I would deliberately harass anyone is simply and utterly untrue. Given the politicized atmosphere that seems to have afflicted our set, I don’t see how I can return to ‘Transparent.’”

I hope they can find a way to continue producing the show without Tambor, but since he really is the star of the show, I'm not optimistic. Bummed for John Landecker's daughter Amy who is a co-star on the show (and plays Tambor's daughter)

When the show first got popular a few years ago, Amy's two dads posed for this picture...