Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Adam Nielson

Every now and then there are reminders that my generation is running the world. That always comes as a surprise to me--but I can usually put it out of my mind and pretend that I'm still young.

But I was reading this article today about the federal farm bill (a sign that I'm getting old right there), and what did I see? The name of an old college friend of mine. I lost contact with him after college (which is now more than 30 years ago). It turns out, he's done well for himself. From wqad.com...

In the midst of the partisan fighting, Adam Nielsen, director of national legislation and policy with the Illinois Farm Bureau, said politics are getting in the way of needed stability for farmers.

“Getting House passage would have been a little bit of a shot in the arm,” he said. “Instead, everybody’s wondering where do we go from here.”

Adam Nielson! We worked together at WPGU in Champaign. And now he is the "director of national legislation and policy with the Illinois Farm Bureau."

Good for him!