Friday, April 19, 2019

Remembering Chet

There were tons of tributes yesterday to Chet Coppock. He was even trending on Twitter.

I know my phone was ringing off the hook. Thanks to WGN Radio, WLS Radio, and the Daily Herald for calling me and allowing me to share some stories about Chet. (The WGN interview is here if you want to hear it)



I thought the Sun Times did a very nice tribute to Chet.

Robert Feder did a nice piece in Chet's own words.

I wrote a tribute to Chet on the Eckhartz Press website too.


Steve Dahl did a nice tribute that featured classic audio of Chet.
Chet appeared on Steve's show just recently--in the closing days of Steve's show on WLS Radio. (That's where this picture was taken.)



He even got a shout out on national television. Michael Wilbon paid tribute on PTI...



(I took that picture of Chet and his girlfriend at WGN Radio last year)

I will say this about yesterday. In his last few years Chet was beginning to feel that people had forgotten him, and he worried what his legacy would be. I don't think in his wildest dreams did he ever think he would receive the kind of outpouring of love that he received.

I hope that he somehow could see it or feel it or know it.

It would have meant the world to him.