Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Casey Kasem



One of the most famous DJs in the world, Casey Kasem, is apparently gravely ill. But this story about Casey in the Guardian is about more than just his illness. In fact, the illness isn't even mentioned. It's about his children and his brother.

They are protesting outside of Casey's house because his wife will not allow them to see him. Check out the article. There are lots of photos of the protest. It's one of the oddest things I've ever seen.

I'm not going to question the motivation of the children or the wife (who is not the mother of the children) because who knows why things like this happen. To me, the sad part of the story is that Casey is obviously estranged from his family. I've recently run into a lot of this--Good friends who haven't spoken to a sibling or parent in years. I know that sometimes things are said or done that seem unforgivable.

But forgiveness is as much for you as it is for the person you're forgiving. Forgivers rarely regret it. At least that's been my experience.