Wednesday, October 02, 2013

Facebook Messages about Gov Shutdown & Obamacare

I think I've de-friended most of my Facebook friends that post nasty racist screeds against the president and the government, and also those who post nasty anti-Republican screeds. I still have lots of politically-minded facebook friends, but only reasonable ones. (And by the way, there are tons of reasonable people on both sides).

Here are a few of their political posts that really caught my eye...

Roman Sawczak (Republican)


Deborah Stern Harris (Democrat)


Spike O'Dell (Republican)
Our government is a train wreck. I know...I've just stated the obvious, but I have just had it with these idiots. Both sides. Unbelievable.

Randy Richardson (left leaning gov employee)
Federal employees are often the butt of jokes. I get it. I am a federal worker, and I frequently make light of my job. But I still take my job seriously, because I think the work that I do is important. I’m sorry, but what our elected representatives in D.C. did today to federal workers is not funny. I am one of those anonymous 800,000 federal workers who reported to work today for a four-hour “winding down.” No, that does not mean that we were drinking wine and getting massages. What did I do in those four hours today? I wrote a decision awarding disability benefits to a homeless man so that he has the money to pay for public transportation to get the antiviral medication he needs so that he doesn’t die from AIDS. Without that decision, there are no benefits and this young man very likely dies on the streets. There are no guarantees that he uses this money to get the treatment he needs or that it is not already too late. But at least with the decision I wrote today, there’s some hope. In the eyes of our government, my job is currently deemed non-essential. Tell that to the homeless man dying of AIDS. I am truly saddened by what has become of our so-called leadership in Washington. Their behavior is disgraceful, and they should be ashamed that they are continuing to collect paychecks while so many of us suffer because of their childish behavior.

John Magnus (right leaning gov employee)
From the "insult to injury" department - today, in a pretty good HR mixup, I had to give myself, sign for as the presenter and receiver, my own furlough notice while I was giving them to my staff. "C'mon man!"

Andy Dashiell (Democrat)
Went on to the Obamacare exchange website for Colorado this morning. Assuming it stays in effect and the extremists in Washington don't blow up the entire government and national economy, I am going to see my monthly premiums cut almost in half! And that's *without* any subsidy! Obamacare. I'm a fan.

Rob Schmidt (Democrat)
Government's shut down, might as well have a beer.


Kent Winrich (Republican)