Monday, April 06, 2015

Rick on the radio

I was on WGN radio last night between Midnight and 1am, and I'm a little bit groggy this morning. Turns out I'm not 22 anymore. The host of the show was Patti Vasquez, and I'm pretty sure she had no idea who I was. She kept referring to me as the "official Cubs historian" (which I'm not) before switching to "Cubs biographer" (which I sort of am). I gave it my all, and hope it was entertaining for the audience, but I have a feeling that was my last ever post Midnight radio appearance. That 6am wakeup call to take the boys to school was a bit much this morning.

(WGN posted the interview on their site, if you're interested. My section starts around the 12:35 mark.)

Tomorrow afternoon I'm heading downtown to tape an interview with Eddie Volkman for his new podcast "Eddie V's Road Show". It tapes at Harry Caray's at 5pm. If you're in the area, stop by and say hello.

Next week I've got a TV spot lined up to promote "Father Knows Nothing". I'll fill you in more as we get closer.