Tuesday, June 02, 2015

RIP Steve Nelson

Steve was a radio sales and marketing guy in Chicago for a variety of radio stations. I met with him while he worked and WLS, and I owned my advertising agency (AMISH Chicago Advertising). I thought he was one of the good guys in the business. The last time I saw him was when John Landecker and I appeared on WBEZ just after "Records Truly Is My Middle Name" came out. (WBEZ was Steve's last gig). He told me that "The Living Wills" was sitting on his desk at that very moment--a gift from my co-author Brendan Sullivan. I never got the chance to ask him what he thought of it.

Steve passed away over the weekend at the age of 67.

His son Jon posted a few stories about his dad. If you have any Steve Nelson stories, he's collecting them at jon@alt42.net.

His son Christopher writes for Automobile magazine. This is his tribute to his dad.