Monday, November 02, 2015

Gerri Wells

This morning's Robert Feder column delivers the news that Gerri Wells is stepping down at WGN Radio. Here's the report...

Gerri Wells, a much-loved behind-scenes dynamo in Chicago radio for more than 30 years, is leaving WGN AM 720, where she’s been the right hand to Jimmy deCastro, the station’s president and general manager. “I am at that stage in my life and career where I want to stop and smell the roses more, and work on a different schedule,” she told colleagues. Effective next month, Wells said, she’ll continue to work as deCastro’s personal assistant at his Evanston office but on a more flexible schedule.

To know Gerri is to love her. I worked with her for about seven years at the Loop, and she is one of the kindest, sweetest ladies around. I wish her the best.