Thursday, November 05, 2015

No Charges for Kane

Looks like Patrick Kane is not going to be charged after all. From Fox 32 in Chicago...

The Erie County District Attorney announced Thursday he will not pursue rape or sexual assault charges against Chicago Blackhawks star Patrick Kane.

Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita, III released a statement Thursday morning saying there are significant inconsistencies between the complainant's accounts and those of other eye witnesses. The statement went on to say that the DNA test results leant no corroboration whatsoever to the complainant's claim of penetration, a required element for proof of rape.

I read the statement, and there were a few weird portions of it (for instance, the whole thing about Kane sticking to his story the whole time and not incriminating himself...that's an odd thing to include), but I really think this case ended the day the alleged victim's mother fabricated a story about the evidence bag.

I wouldn't be honest, however, if I didn't admit that this whole thing still gives me an icky feeling when I see Kane and the Blackhawks. I wish it didn't, but it does. My gut is telling me that something really did happen here, even if it didn't technically meet the legal definition required to charge him.