Friday, August 11, 2017

Thank you WLS!

Dave and I had an incredible time hosting a show on WLS AM 890 this morning from 10am to Noon. Thanks to Bob Sirott and Marianne Murciano for allowing us to fill in for them, and thanks also to the crew (especially Tony Lossano and Tyler Bravo) for making it easy for us. The highlight of the show for me had to be this interview with Denny Laine (Moody Blues, Wings), Neil Innes (Monty Python), and Mark Hudson (The Hudson Brothers). (Photo: L-R, Mark Hudson, Dave Stern, Denny Laine, Neil Innes, and me)

I was so excited I could barely contain myself. They were gracious and wonderful, and they performed "Cant Buy Me Love".

It wasn't until after the interview was over and the gentlemen had left the building that Dave pointed out to me that my fly was unzipped.

Another fun part of the day was being reunited on the air with our old pal Kathy Voltmer, who was our newscaster when we were on the air in Champaign-Urbana. Thirty years later, here we are again...