Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Life with FU Money

Geroge Clooney in the latest issue of Vanity Fair...

George Clooney does not have plans to appear on your big screen any time soon. During an interview with The Sunday Times, the new father of twins said that acting is no longer his priority.

“Look, I acted for a long time and, you know, I’m 56. I’m not the guy that gets the girl anymore,” he said. “Well, yeah, I shouldn’t be the guy that gets the girl. But, look, if somebody’s got Paul Newman in The Verdict, I’d jump. But there aren’t that many like that. Acting used to be how I paid the rent, but I sold a tequila company for a billion fucking dollars. I don’t need money.”

In June, shortly after the birth of his twins, Ella and Alexander, Clooney sold his tequila company, Casamigos, founded with friend Rande Gerber, for what was reported to be up to $1 billion.

Even fresh off his new film, Suburbicon, which had the worst box-office opening for any film he’s directed or starred in, Clooney isn’t worried. “I’ll make money other ways if I have to. I used to do coffee commercials.”