Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year!


I'm back in the saddle again. Happy New Year everyone.

This year I'm going to be doing the blog a little differently. I'm not going to have regularly scheduled features on this blog, but I'm going to be posting more--not less.

It will be more of a traditional blog. I have 30 or more mini-features I'll be doing exclusively on this blog on a semi-regular basis, and I'll be linking to my full length pieces that I'm writing for various publications elsewhere (instead of re-posting the entire pieces here).

Each of the elements of my previous blog will remain in some form. Suburban Man is now going to be called "Father Knows Nothing," but it's the same column, and it will still appear weekly at NWI Parent. I'll be linking to each column here.

The various elements of musings will remain. I'll still be posting jokes, linking to articles that interest me, and posting funny pictures and videos. I just won't be doing them all at the same time once a week. Keep sending 'em in. I'll post 'em when I get 'em. That way I'll be more timely.

As for the media stuff, I'll still be doing weekly interviews with Chicago Radio personalities (starting up again soon), but I won't post the entire interviews here. I'll just link to them. I also won't be doing a full media notebook anymore, but when something big happens, I will post a link to the story along with my analysis.

The Cubs stuff at JOBC will still be coming fast and furious too. I'll post links to what I'm working on over there on this blog.

And finally, I'll have some new stuff coming too.

I hope you don't mind. I've been feeling a little confined by the old format and I'm just going to write what comes to my mind. Plus, to be totally honest, I'm working on so much other stuff now (including my next novel), and I need to be as flexible as possible.

My hope is that the blog becomes a little easier to navigate. With this new format it should be easier to skip over what doesn't interest you without scrolling forever (a common complaint).

I'll start up again tomorrow with links to what I've been working on while I took a blog vacation.

Happy New Year!