Friday, August 31, 2012

Sarah Palin

Savvy Fox News watchers may have noticed something during the coverage of this year's Republican National Convention. Despite having been the star of last year's convention, and being on the Fox News payroll (for a cool million a year), Sarah Palin was conspicuously absent from their prime-time coverage.

Turns out, there's a bit of a backstage kerfuffle going on there.

Is it just me, or is she always surrounded by needless drama? I don't know if it's typical of politics, but it's definitely typical of show business. She claims to hate Hollywood, but she'd fit right in.

As I get older and more removed from the media business, I fear that I could no longer do the job as diplomatically as I once did. When I was a producer, I was known for my ability to deal with difficult personalities. Now, I'm pretty sure I'd just say something like: "Hey lady, guess what? The world does not revolve around you. Nobody gives a crap."

Producers who talk that way don't last very long.